Saturday 9 November 2013

Strangers Reunion

There was so much hype about this place and even after so long there are still constant recommendations to Strangers Reunion. And here I am to check out what was all the hype about.

When we reach, the place was rather packed but we were lucky to get a seat very quickly. Guess we were there earlier than the lunch crowd. When we left there was a long queue outside the cafe.

Simple menu, typical breakfast, bites, desserts and coffee. There were quite a number of Caucasians around, much more than the other cafes that I have been to. So I was thinking if this place suits their taste more.





 


 Magic and Flat white


The flat white is pretty ok. Not the best but it is ok for me. The one that is darker in colour is Magic. It is on the menu that this is said to be a magical ratio of coffee and milk and they are the first to bring it in to Singapore. It is too bitter for me.

Price: $4.90(Flat White), $5.50 (Magic)


Eggs on Toast with Honey Baked Ham



I've chosen Focaccia for my toast and scrambled eggs.Added Honey Baked Ham to complete my breakfast. Basically I feel that the scrambled eggs are not runny enough. It can't be compare to the one from DOC. The colour is lighter and it doesn't goes well with the tomato relish.

Price: $10.50 + $4.50 (3 slices of honey baked ham)


Buttermilk Waffles with Homemade Berry Compote wit Ice Cream



I will prefer the butter taste of the waffle to be stronger and the berry compote to be sweeter. The berries are a tad too sour for my liking especially when this is served as breakfast.

Price: $14.90


This is really different from my expectation of this place. However the number of people queing outside when I left and the full house cafe tells me that people do like the food/drinks here. I suppose we just share a different taste. Not so much for me especially when the price is not exactly cheap.

Address: 37 Kampong Bahru

Food: 3/5 Burps
Service: 3/5 Burps
Price: 3/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment