Sunday 14 July 2013

Zhen Zhen Porridge (Maxwell Market)

When people ask "what is there to eat at Maxwell Market?". Many will reply "The Porridge"! So to be frank, I haven't tried this porridge before and so when I was at Maxwell market the other day I decided to give it a shot.

I hate to queue but when it comes to hawker food, my patience level doubled. I queued for almost 20 minutes to get a taste of the porridge and to be frank I was disapointed.






鱼生 (Raw Fish)


They have it in different sizes of serving. I bough the $3 serving. And for those of you who love spring onion, they do add them in. I have requested not to have any for mine thus it may seem like it lacks the greenery. It was pretty ok for this but I have tasted much better ones.


I have ordered chicken porridge but when I started eating, I realized the auntie has given me fish porridge instead. I didn't want to kick a fuss and didn't want to get an exchange because I don't know how long more I need to wait and I was famished!

So firstly I didn't like fish porridge and thus it was already a turn off. Secondly I don't see anything special about the porridge. These are all my personal opinions. I believe everybody has different taste and I am sure there are people who love it thus explain the long queue. But this is just not for me. I will not queue even 5 minutes for this.

But it is cheap costing only $2.50 for quite a big bowl. And if you want to add egg, that will be $3.




Address: 1 Kadayanallur Street #01-54 Maxwell Food Centre

Food: 2.5/5 Burps
Service: 2/5 Burps
Price: 4/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment