Friday 28 June 2013

Hua Ting

This is my first time at Hua Ting after reading countless of reviews on it, both good and bad. I am eager to know how the dim sum taste like and have also ordered some of the more popular dishes.








Hua Ting Signature baked chicken and mango tarts



I love eating tarts. All kinds of tarts but am also afraid of the overly rich butter taste if it is not done properly. There are some tarts that the crust is just overly rich with butter and I will not be able to finish everything and it will sometimes makes me feel nauseous. These chicken tarts are real good stuffs. It does have the buttery taste (which is important to have), but not too rich. So it is fine to even eat 2 or 3 of them. The flaky crust taste just as good by itself even without the filling.

Price: $4.50


Steamed Seafood and Abalone Dumpling



I feel that the skin for this dumpling is a little too thick. will be better if it is thinner. It really does come with a tiny slice of abalone which basically is not really important. But if you would like to have a substitute for the usual har kow and siew mai, no harm giving it a try.

Price: $6.00


Steamed custard bun with salted egg yolk



This seems to be a MUST order dish whenever I'm out having dim sum. I love the feeling when I take the first bite and the watery custard oozes out into my mouth. I like those with salted egg yolk as it will  have this sweet and salted taste. The one at Hua Ting is worth ordering. Great texture and great taste!

Price: $4.20


Steamed Beancurd stuffed with fish paste


I was craving for all the steamed dishes that day. Thus I have ordered this to try. Actually I do like ordering different types of dim sum and try not to stick to the usual ones everytime. Well I guess this is a little normal. It's just like any yong tau foo that you can find outside.

Price: $4.20


Steamed beancurd skin roll with minced pork in oyster sauce

 


Minced pork, carrot, vegetables are wrapped in the beancurd skin then soaked with oyster sauce. As you can see, they are not stingy with the filling at all.

Price: $4.20


Steamed carrot cake with conpoy


This is basically the usual carrot cake that people order when they have dim sum. But I guessed most people will order the pan fried one. This is not exactly the steam carrot cake I am looking for.

Price: $4.20


I would say that the overall taste for the food is pretty alright and I will come back again to Hua Ting for  dim sum. The price is really reasonable too considering the fact that this is a restaurant in a hotel.


Address: 442 Orchard Road, Orchard Hotel Level 2

Food: 4/5 Burps 
Service: 3.5/5 Burps
Price: 4/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment