Sunday 21 April 2013

Victor's Kitchen

Before I start with the review for Victor's Kitchen, I have to apologize for the crappy photos taken. As we were in a rush to somewhere, I forgot to take picture of how the dim sum looks like before we started eating. Thus by the time we remember, we have already eaten some.

Golden Egg Yolk Lava Bun



It comes in 3. And yes the sweet and salted custard oozes out when you bite on the bun. The bun is soft and well steamed. It is good but nothing special in  my opinion.

Price: $4


Steam chicken with Chinese wine


This is not the usual dish that we see from most restaurants. So other than the usual steam pork ribs, they have this steam chicken. I quite like it as the meat is well marinated with a tint of wine, steamed with wolf berries.

Price: $3


Scallop, Sausages carrot cake with XO sauce


Ever since dim joy closed down, I was unable to find a place where steam carrot cake is served. They have it here and it is good. Although it does look a little dry from this picture but it is not dry at all. It comes with a small serving of XO sauce which is served separately and yes they do go well together. I'm a lover for steam carrot cakes like that, so do share with me where else I can find good ones if you know any.

Price: $4


Yummy Yummy Pheonix Claw


I have ate quite abit before I remember to take a picture of it. The chicken claws are deepfried before cooked in the sauce. It is spicy and not as sweet as many of those that I have tasted in other restaurants. I love the 2 small pieces of tau pok which are hidden under the claws.

Price: $3.50


Fried Beancurd Skin with shrimps


Its comes in 2 of the size shown in the picture. Its crispy on the outside and the fillings are generous.

Price: $4.50

Tasty Queen Size Siew Mai


It comes in 4 siew mai. In my opinion, the siew mai is nothing special. It is smaller in size as compare to the other restaurants.

Price: $4

Total Price: $25

They do not provide any official receipt. It does not comes with additional service charge or GST. It is a good place to come for affordable dim sum which is comparable with many of the sub standard dim sum out there. The culture here is to share table with some strangers. So if you do not mind having any privacy and you may even have chances making new friends here, this is the place for you. The queue is very long is you come at about 11am? I reached at about 10.30am and it was almost fully packed inside. But we were lucky that there were still 2 available seats so we did not need to queue at all. The food took some time before it came. Service is slow but that is because there are alot of customers but little staffs.

Address: 91 Bencoolen Street #01-21 Sunshine Plaza

Food: 4/5 Burps
Service: 3/5 Burps
Price: 4.5/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment