Saturday 5 January 2013

Trattoria Lafiandra

So we had our last dinner of 2012 at this Italian restaurant where a friend of ours brought us there for the first time years ago. It is probably one of the best Italian restaurant that we have been in Singapore or perhaps we haven't been to more.











Burratina alla Coratina





B fell in love with this when we went to Italy in November. We had it in Italy for almost every meal. And of course when we are back in Singapore, there is a need to hunt it down to crave B's craving.

The Mozzarella is a little soft as compare to the baffalo mozzarella we had in Italy. The dressing and the tomatoes goes together pretty well.


Price: $19.80


Prosciutto E Funghi


I always feel that pizza is for sharing till I see people eating the whole pizza on their own. Well that is not for my liking and it will be too filling for me too. It comes with ham and mushroom. The melted mozzarella on the thin crust pizza tasted great while eaten hot. It doesn't taste as good when it turns colder. But I guess that goes the same for all pizzas. I would still prefer the pizza in Pepperoni.

Price: $24.50


Tagliatelle alla rucola con granchio pomodoro fresco



The tagliatelle is cooked with generous serving of crabmeat and tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil. The pasta is soft and yes I prefer it softer even though I know that is not the authentic way of cooking pasta. The portion is just nice for 1 person and it is rather filling.

Price: $22.50


Crostata di mele con gelato alla vaniglia


Warm apple tart with vanilla ice cream. The apple tart is tasty but the portion is a little too small. We practically finished the whole tart with 4 mouth.

We were both very full after finishing our main course and appetizer. Thus we decided to cancel the dessert. So after finishing all that we have on our plates, we called for the waitress to cancel the dessert. Without checking with the kitchen, she told us that the chef is already heating up our dessert. Well I don't know how true it is as I thought they should probably start heating up the dessert when I give them the green light to serve? What if I decide to start having my dessert much later? I politely asked her to just do a courtesy check with the kitchen as we are really full. And as expected, she went to the kitchen and came back very quickly informing us that the chef is already preparing it.



Total Price: $101.69

Address: 71 Bras Basah Road #01-02

Food: 4/5 Burps
Service: 2.5/5 Burps
Price: 3/5 Burps

No comments:

Post a Comment